Rogue Trader: The Dark Project
A distant and forgotten system lying deep in the unexplored corners of Winterscale’s Realm, the star Magoros has barely seen traffic since it Drusian era crusades, and a band of shipwrecked Orks stranded here who knows how long ago.
The system has 5 major features.
- The Magoros star itself, a flickering pulsar that bathes the system in radiation every 102 minutes, confusing sensors and buffeting atmospheres.
- Magoros Minor, a tiny sun scorched world orbiting close to the flickering star. Its surface is baked, cracked, and scoured clean of all life, and features, except the wreck of an ill fated imperial survey ship lost in the warp centuries ago.
- Magoros Prime, an approximately earth sized world that once held a sprawling alien colony, now a dust choked graveyard. The planet is scattered with the glass like crystalline structures of the Egarrian Domain, a long dead xenos race. At the center of the labyrinth of unidentifiable structures, there still stands a towering crystalline spire of mysterious purpose, surrounded by a whirling storm that reaches high enough in the atmosphere to render flight dangerous, and scanning nigh impossible.
- Magoros Secundus, an ice covered jungle moon, in distant orbit around Magoros Prime. The world is covered by a network of geothermal power stations, which culminate at a projector array which beams the energy generated to the structure on Magoros prime through some sort of xenotech laser device. additionally, this moon is host to a wrecked Ork vessel, no doubt the source of their infestation.
- The Shard Halo, a vast ice filled asteroid field that surrounds the entire system, holding unknown resources or dangers.